you can try to swim away but you will only die tired... bringing you the political, military, international and domestic news you didn't even know existed or wanted to know more about...

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Bear Grylls vs. Survivorman



Granted there is nothing I enjoy more than a good survival show and the two giants in the business are Britain’s Bear Grylls and Canada’s Les Stroud aka. Survivorman. You can catch Bear on the Discovery Channel’s Man vs. Wild and Les on the Science Channel’s Survivorman. Both are excellent programs and may save your life one day. I enjoy watching Bear Grylls for his absolute craziness and high tempo, running down mountains, climbing water falls, jumping into freezing lakes, and eating rotting carcasses in Africa. In fact he takes far more risks than Les, but then again he does have his own camera and expedition crew with him; whereas Les carries all his own camera equipment and is effectively alone in the wilderness. I respect Les a heck of a lot for doing that because he has to hike back and forth, expending energy, just to get enough film to make his show.

I think both of these gentlemen are excellent explorers with great survival skills, and I hope that they will continue to thrill and entertain us with what I consider a real “reality show.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRKpnkX99z0

2 comments:

Esmond Sit Bo Sheng said...

Hello there,

I cannot agree with you more. Your blog shows that you're a very neutral-minded guy. I am saddened to see a lot of forum posts and blog posts that show so much hate for Bear Grylls. I personally like his show for the reason as you do and having a crew with him doesn't bug me. Les Stroud is equally good and I do not see why there is the need to compare the both of them. Their styles are different and unique.

I respect you, brother. Not a lot of people can see things with an open mind. Peace.

Esmond Sit Bo Sheng said...
This comment has been removed by the author.