you can try to swim away but you will only die tired... bringing you the political, military, international and domestic news you didn't even know existed or wanted to know more about...

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

General Pace calls gays "immoral"

Marine Corps General Peter Pace is in trouble because he uttered these words: "I believe homosexual acts between two individuals are immoral and that we should not condone immoral acts."

Now gay and lesbian advocacy groups are up in arms wanting the general to apologize for his remarks. I guess my trouble with this is, why? Why should he apologize? Is anybody surprised that a Marine general finds homosexuals an affront? Honestly people, you could see this coming a mile away. And since when should freedom of speech be curtailed and censored? The general was obviously stating a personal opinion, hence the "I believe." For those saying this is hate speech I don't believe it meets that threshold. If he had said "let's kill all the gays," that would have been another matter, but he didn't. Homosexuals don't agree with a lot of things, and they have their opinions, but how come if we don't agree with them we are always the hate mongers? They accuse us of being biased and insensitive, yet at times they are the ones who cannot take an opinion or belief other than their own.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate gays, I couldn't care less where you stick it, it's none of my business. I do however think it's sad that they are going after this Marine general, because even if he does apologize, do you honestly believe that it is a sincere apology? And if this catches enough momentum no doubt he'll apologize for his "insensitive remarks," maybe attend a gay group gala and take a diversity class, but his underlying beliefs will probably not be changed.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/13/pace.gays.ap/index.html

No comments: