you can try to swim away but you will only die tired... bringing you the political, military, international and domestic news you didn't even know existed or wanted to know more about...

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Americans in debt


I heard on the news today that 41% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck, and few people are putting money away for savings. Even 19% of households making $100,000 dollars a year are doing the same. $100,000 dollars seems like a fortune to me, but what do I know?

Lack of budgeting and planning is one of the main reasons why people are feeling the pinch, especially when it comes to the little expenses like eating out or buying that cup of coffee in the morning. People are eating out more and more, and that Big Mac meal will set you back about $5 bucks a day, the same with the coffee, and some snacks. You can eat much cheaper if you just plan a little, but few of us do, myself included. I'm going to try to cut back on eating out so much to see if I'll save a few pennies. I'll let you know what happens.

No comments: