you can try to swim away but you will only die tired... bringing you the political, military, international and domestic news you didn't even know existed or wanted to know more about...

Thursday, August 16, 2007

The debate over bottled water and the environment

So I've been following this new environmental trend on several blogs, especially the debate over the usage and reliance on bottled water versus tap water. I'm all for using tap water, I believe that bottled water is wasteful and unnecessary in areas that have access to clean tap water. Not all areas have great tap water, but I'm fortunate enough to live in one, so I use tap water for my consumption. I use a Sigg water bottle which has probably saved about 300 water bottles so far. I urge everybody to get a reusable water bottle or canteen, whether it be Nalgene or Sigg, or some alternative. In the meantime you can read more about bottled and tap water here:

http://scienceblogs.com/scientificactivist/2007/08/its_time_to_get_off_the_bottle.php

No comments: