you can try to swim away but you will only die tired... bringing you the political, military, international and domestic news you didn't even know existed or wanted to know more about...

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Getting in shape sucks


So I've been trying real hard lately to get in shape, but I'm finding it difficult. It's not like I'm really fat or anything, it's just that I think I'm just plain lazy. With no DI to motivate me, I keep blowing it all off, and this despite the fact that I had a very detailed work plan.

I was going to do 36 push-ups, 60 sit-ups, and run 1.5 miles every day. Instead I find myself sitting on the couch when I get home from work watching TV. This is no frakking way to live. I'm at a loss for how to properly motivate myself. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

A Bowl Of Stupid said...

Several, my friend:

1. Get rid of your TV (or at least cable). It forces you to do others things, especially the gym.

2. Work with a partner or a trainer (even if only a gym class). A must for re-starting.

3. At first, work primarily on cardio, not weights. Weights will bulk up and increase mass (and fat content, at this age). Decrease body mass first, then cut with weights (eventually, if at all). Simple military-style light body calisthenics are still the best.

4. Start smoking - it kills your appetite ;)

Shark99 said...

Will I look like you Bowl? I need to be a macho surfer man like you. I do cry sometimes watching the Hallmark Channel however.

A Bowl Of Stupid said...

Shaddap, ya' smartass.